Sunday, July 5, 2015

Six Months Later


Six Months Later

 

 

So have you thought to yourself, I’m going blog today, or I’m going to do this or that? Then the following day you slap yourself in the face (not literal) of course. Because somewhere the day before your mind has just forgotten or something else you deemed more important was put in “front” of the line of things that needed to be done.

Well then if you have welcome to my world. I hope you enjoy your stay.

So here we are in the city of San Francisco six months after moving here. I have to say that even now, given the short period of time that I still am in love with this place. The best for me and mine is the weather. It’s always around 55+ but never hotter than 80+ that I have payed attention at least. We moved to the great city, to do a few things with our lives. One was to further my education in the world of Beauty. I attended the Blush School of Makeup, for the first part of the year and learned so very much, things I didn’t even know where possible. And again my mind just like with hair was blown away with, what actually goes in to makeup. From the anatomy of the face, the bones truly play a huge roll in all of it.

To the different styles of makeup. From HD (high Definition) to Stage makeup that is used on Broadway, and of course the makeup that drag queens and the like us. I was amazing, all the education and all the techniques it was just an amazing time. Yes there were ups and downs just like all educational institutes of course. I had great ability to use my GI Bill for the education so if anyone that reads this interested know that you can use that. Or you can check out the yelp review I did on the school.

So 728hrs later and 22 weeks, the school is over and here we are. It’s July already! We just celebrated the 4th yesterday. So now you’re thinking, Jay what’s next for you. Well its quiet funny actually. A few months ago I enrolled with my husband in to the Academy of Art Institute, here in the city. While I was in school for makeup, they make you have business cards and a fully functional website (I personally think it’s a great idea), some others would disagree with me. But whatever. So yes you have to have one up and going before you leave. So I being the nerd that I am. Thought to myself I’m going to build this thing from the ground up. So I started looking into the world of code (to going to explain that, that’s for a later post). But regardless I came across it and found that I actually really enjoy it. So I enrolled in a Web-Design Program. And yes if you guessed! I’m using my GI Bill. And that will actually deplete my funding for school. So after this first year of a two year program I will be out of the Gi Bill and get to be one of the people with student debt. Call me crazy but I’m looking forward to a little bit. And that will go away I’m positive after the first payment.

Other than that, things are going fantastic I would say, I still haven’t had a chance to get out and see the City in its fullest. I’m a student in college, over the summer, I’m an adult, and a husband. There are things that have to go before one another. Just like the first of the post. I have to rearrange and all that good stuff. So that is why it has taken so long to get a post out a lot has been going on. And just had to get into the grove of things. Well I do believe my floors are dry now so… Back to cleaning!

 

Hope you all have a great one :D

 

Best Wishes

 

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment