Friday, February 24, 2012


Good Day to you all
   
   Second post coming to you this evening. So I thought and thought about what I was going to write about today while I was laying in the bed last night, and as well as all day while I was in school. 

   Well it so happens that while at school it came to me. As I sat there in class ( Skin Care ) looking at the teacher who is in the picture below, whom does exactly what you see in the photo all day, everyday since this module started. Its been talked about among us students what we should do? Should we go and talk to the Campus Director, or the head of the Cosmetology teachers? Or the possibility that we need to just jump over all their heads and hit up the Corporate office and talk to someone there. As students don't we have the right to want to have a teacher that is going to actually teach us something? I'm talking about paying well over 10K to get the training that I need to become a qualified hairstylist, pass state board exams, and to have the foundation that I need to become an amazing Stylist that is known to a few people ( or more I hope).

   So what should I do? Where do I start to make things happen so that the next class or three classes from now don't have to deal with this kind of teacher/ing? Some days I just don't give a rip about it and just take my tests, cut some hair, learn about proper application of makeup to a females face and all the components that go with that, I taught myself how to wax before I came to the class but still didn't learn anything when it came to facials ( horrible ), She places a book next to the client ( student ) and is like "ok" there you go give a facial. We all look at her like a deer in the headlights look ( bah ), you want us to do what and you haven't even showed us what to do. But for the most part the majority of us are really bright and are able to figure things out on our own and we get to town. Using the proper Face cleaner, the right rotations of the muscles on the face ( as not to age someone quicker), Hot towels, moisturizer, clean up and sanitation of the equipment that is used.

So I guess what I'm saying is that at the end of this module I truly believe i will not have walked away with anything from her teaching us. From haircutting, hairstyling, chemical textures I have walked away at the end of the module knowing the foundation of that class. From 90 Degree's to a 45 degree haircut, to the wrist flick with a flat iron to get a feathered looked etc... Point being! Nothing is in my brain about this class. And I need to look out for myself first here, its high time I put me first above anyone and everything else. But with this rant I do feel better and I think I know what might have to be done. Lets start with her, then if nothing is working from there then we work our way up the ladder.  ~ Jay ~


                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment