Thursday, May 21, 2015

Bridal MakeUp Class

Bridal Makeup Class
March 28, 2015
Jay Stewart
When everyone, was talking about how much you will love, enjoy, or some form of happiness was going to come while your in bridal says Erica. I scoff and just brush it off, as if that was a possibility. Liking nice, neat, prefect, etc. type of makeup. Someone’s special day, possibility of looking jacked up, because of something I have done. Super plan, basic makeup. Is not what anyone at Blush School of Makeup would say they see me doing Bridal makeup and actually enjoying it in any form.

If anyone has any of my post since school started, they know that my favorite kind of makeup to do is of course, you guessed it. SFX (special effects) for all those that might not know. That is where my heart has and will reside till the end of time. For that I promise that.

 But here we are two weeks after bridal, a few different variations of bridal makeup. From that classic look, with just a pop of color, all the way up to a cultural bride (which was amazing to see all the different types of brides around the world).

When its things I don’t know, or understand, I’m intimidated. I know its hard to believe, and for the people that are reading this post they are most likely thinking, WTH are you talking about. But it is true. I’m my own just like most people worse critic.

But anyways, the reason we are here is to talk about, Bridal. So yes the two weeks has ended. And I have done two photo-shoots. And to be completely honest, the class wasn’t bad at all. I learned more about myself of course as a new makeup artist. I have only been doing it since the New Year, and everyday is a learning experience you know.

When a class goes off without a hitch, you have to look at who is teaching, how long they themselves have been doing, when was the last time they did makeup, etc… But here at Blush its nothing like it was for hair school. These teachers are out all the time working when not at school, on the weekends, and or working just part time so they have their freelance business. Anyways the teaching has a ton to do with how classes with go.
For bridal our teacher literally just had a bride last weekend and is always up on the new trends thanks to crazy obsession, with the magazine New Beauty, vogue “I’m sure”, and all that jazz.

SO with all that in mind, think about all that knowledge that is being spread around. We are a larger class and everyone wants to know more, as most of the women in my class want to be in the bridal business. So we learned so much and it was a lot of fun doing it. Many sponges have perished this last two weeks, but I’m sure they understand that they where used for a better cause right? Now bridal as come, been, and is official gone. And with it is my, I won’t say hatred for it. Again it was the unknown, and now I actually think it wasn’t too bad. Know I have my photos and all that jazz. But I’m not going to be the one that has all bridal and looking for nothing but bridal, hoping and praying that I get all the brides in the bay area.

It was fun. I had a blast, you get to know people more as you are in class, and work on them. You learn so much from the teacher and or teachers, I couldn’t have asked for a better teacher, class mates, and a great model, and amazing photographer. Well until the next class has finished I’ll see you all then.


With brush and palette, till next time

~Jay~


P.s if here is anything you would like to know or learn. Leave a comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment