Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The End


We have come to and you and I.

I'm happy to finally be able to write that. 21 weeks 720 hours has just flown by and I can' believe it is ending today. The time has flown by and it seems it took longer to move out here, and the trip itself, than the actual school. I'm super excited about that I have learned while here at school. From the foundation classes, to Stage, Bridal, runway and photography that's just to name a few of the classes here at Blush.

From the start it is make 7 hours a day, you are putting it on your fellow students. Multiple times. If you don't have a good makeup remover, makeup wipes or something of the sort, well your face is in for a rough ride. I heard and seen former students using ponds, and let me tell you this. The product will remove almost anything "makeup" that is applied to your face. Yes it will leave your face a little oil and if you are, already oily well then have your face wash handy and just wash it off. I personally have combination skin type, so I can deal with it and have a. great feeling afterward. But again I removes all the makeup off, after eating it as if it was a Snolax at a buffet of Chinese food. Its that great!!

So now we are here after all 8 modules, its now "super senior" time. That means all your classes are done, you have passed all the evaluations, the layering of makeup, the different looks and countless sponges, and the thousands of mascara wands. We now sit out where we first started, and you are able finish the rest of the makeup from classes, that you might not have been able to finish while you wherein class. So out of the 20 operations you had to do for stage, you may only have been able to finish 15 so that means you still need to finish those five and since class has now moved onto a different class, those are to be finished in super senior module. So how much work you put in while you're in class, depends on how much work you will do during super senior module.

From the months here I have seen most have been here for two or more weeks even a month or two as a super senior. That of course as you well know is something I could not and would not allow. I'm to dedicated, and have been around the block once or twice. So I know the importance of being in school, and if by chance you miss, class you make up those hours as soon as possible, don't wait to the end. Also means that you also get to do makeup on yourself and knock out a few more operations while your at it.

But I will be sad for the most part, that I am already done, and ready to go. The students that started with me will be here a few more days, weeks, or even possible month after I have left. And started anew school. Web design at the local Academy of Art University. And that starts mid June. And I can't wait. But back to makeup. Classes are super fun and the teachers are very knowledgeable. And the students are for the most part not that bad to be around for 7 hours a day 5 days a week. So as this short chapter comes to a close. I'm super glad that I decided to get the education. I'm a better stylist because of it, it has opened up so many possible job opportunities. I have had the chance to further my knowledge, my friends base here in the bay area, and just had a overall great experience. All in all I would have to say its a nine out of ten, on a ten point grading scale.

So who knows how Web design is going to go. But I'm glad I have moved to san Francisco with the old ball and chain, the city has been amazing, and for the next few weeks, I'll acutely get a chance to out and see what the city has to offer. Tourist mode ACTAVITE!!! Well then its time to call this done.

With brush and palette,

Jay Stewart


No comments:

Post a Comment