Tuesday, March 20, 2012

College Kid Vent

  Alright lets talk for  a quick Second. If u don't remember I"m a student at a local college right ? OK thought so just wanted to make sure that i was getting the same things taught to you. ( no Trish this isn't at you). OK so since Friday of last week we have been learning the Foil Technique at school right for highlighting. So its the partial, my teacher says she doesn't use more then 25 foils cool. Me neither so check it, Yesterday was the first day we actually got up in the head and foiled the hair with cholesterol ( don't as why) but hey it was a learning point right, that's what i thought as well. So slicing and weaving, parting hair, foil over the comb, BAMMM!!, in the part and fold the hair over and slap some shit all up on the strands of hair. Easy right !! shit i think so too. Well i guess i was wrong, ( side note ) now don't get me wrong i love when someone asks me for help, makes me feel like I'm way better than everyone else cause i just get it right, i know that sounds horrible but you know what, I'm at school to learn and get my job training that i need, so i hang onto every word, and every technique i see done, why you ask Jay!! Because this is what i want with my life, i want to whip some color to gather slap it in someone head ( right way) and BAM hello beautiful and they walk away happy as a June bug. but this is the reason of the topic i guess is this, if the teacher just finished talking and demoing the weaving or the slicing or the triangle located at the back of the center vertical panel, and you have to ask me to come show you what she just showed the whole class, well i think you might need to pay closer attention don't you think so too!! But if you want to try something out on your own  a few times and still don't get it then by all means come and ask me or wave me down and I'll show you the way, the truth, and the light! 

  Here's an inside scope on the life of me! Everyone at school thinks that I'm an over achiever because of the fact that i have more hours in than people a month ahead of me. that i ask questions, and that i don't miss days at all. Ladies and Gents i have not missed but one hour of school the 8 months i have been going to school so yea, i like to check my hours, and have them wrote down ( again not at you Trish), that i know as of today at 4pm i had 888 hours, why people be hatting on me you ask i know you was thinking it, its because they jealous of my amazing dedication to learning this trade, were some if not most are only here at school to get a check or something I'm sure, Yeah some of them are good, and most well lets say this, bitch you ain't touching my hair, no way no how! HEY MISTER HONESTY, here i am!! reality is that you should have thought about what you really wanted to do before you signed that dotted line and was like sure i can do hair, i have done some in the kitchen, i followed the instructions on the box. How hard can Cosmetology be? Is what most of them where thinking!! Now this isn't just my class I'm talking about, this is the hole lot of them, i would say out of all the students at school minus the str8 men there i would let maybe like 10 get in my head and that's including those that are on the floor. Oh dear this was more than what i thought i was going to vent about, but i mean Damn people get your shit right! Now of course there are those that have really good reasons to not be there in class learning. IE, your dad, mother, brother, sister, daughter, or son those are great reasons, but anything else, nope don't cry to me when i blow past you and leave the school months ahead of you. and for those that are reading this from school, you all know what I'm talking about, if this doesn't reach out to you then its not you, but if it does well then by all means its meant for you.

 Oh another thing! NTHS ( nation technical honor society), I"m a very proud member of this organization. I wear a pin everyday, is it to show off, yeah little bit, but hey i worked hard to show that I'm dedicated, hard worker, a leader, and a great student with my grades. That's right 4.0 GPA! suck it. I"m proud of my grades and my hours, but let me say this if you think that just because you make the minimum hours and that you have a 3.7-4.0 GPA doesn't mean your cut out to be in the honor society there are other requirements that are needed to be recommended to join this great organization! Lord, god, Allah, Buddha. I"m just saying if you want something then you need to push yourself. oh me oh my. OK I'm done. 

~Jay~

Courtney Bennett none of this applies to you either!

These are the photos of my First Highlight done with actual bleach, done on a 90 degree cut

No comments:

Post a Comment